Facial fat loss is a normal effect of aging and can result in sunken cheeks, indentations, and hollow eyes. Sculptra® is a safe, synthetic, and biocompatible material that is injected below the surface of the skin in the area of fat loss. It provides a gradual and significant increase in skin thickness, improving the appearance of folds and sunken areas. No skin testing is required.
Dr. Goodman recommends at least three treatments spaced 6 weeks apart to obtain the full benefit of Sculptra. The results from Sculptra are not immediate, but the final results can last up to two years. Package pricing is available.
Sculptra® has been safely used outside the United States since 1999 in over 150,000 patients under the trade names New-FillT and Sculptra®.
What to expect after your Sculptra® procedure:
- Treatment with Sculptra may cause redness or swelling in the treated area. This can last anywhere from a couple hours to one week.
- Apply ice to the treated areas for 24 hours to help with swelling and discomfort.
- Massage the treated areas daily for several days after injection.
- Make-up can be applied to the face a few hours after treatment if no complications are present (i.e. open wounds, bleeding, redness and swelling).
- Hematomas may occur. If they do, they usually resolve anywhere from within a couple hours to 2 weeks.
- The original skin depression may initially reappear, but should gradually improve over the following weeks as the Sculptra begins to take effect.
- Minimize excessive exposure of the treated areas to the sun or UV lamps until any swelling or redness resolve.
- Worsening or prolonged symptoms should be reported to Dr. Goodman. Please call the office if you have any questions or concerns.
The best way to find out if you are a good candidate for Sculptra® is to contact us and schedule a consultation with Dr. Goodman.